Field Guide of Indian Mammals with brief info & regional names (Marathi, Hindi)
PUNE, April 30, 2020 - Available today, the app Indian Mammals by NATURE WEB is one more feather in the cap. The app displays mammal names in regional languages (vernacular names) such as Marathi (मराठी), Hindi (हिन्दी), Gujarati (ગુજરાતી), Bengali (বাংলা), Kannada (ಕನ್ನಡ), Assamese (অসমীয়া), Nepali (नेपाली), Malayalam (മലയാളം), Tamil (தமிழ்), Punjabi (ਪੰਜਾਬੀ), Oriya (ଓଡ଼ିଆ) and Telugu (తెలుగు).
Indian Mammals app as name suggests - covers most of the common species of mammals found in India. The application is in sync with our own repository and hence includes records which you will find in our website - http://www.indiamammals.com
Indian Mammals works in offline mode and is very easy to use as a field guide at hotspots. App provides various information like size, habitat, food, interesting facts, breeding period, conservation status etc. captured for each mammal record. In addition to this, the app also allows to create checklists to capture on-the-field observations in offline mode - that's one cool feature!
Some key features of Indian Mammals app include:
- List of names in Marathi (मराठी), Hindi (हिन्दी), Gujarati (ગુજરાતી), Bengali (বাংলা), Kannada (ಕನ್ನಡ), Assamese (অসমীয়া), Nepali (नेपाली), Malayalam (മലയാളം), Tamil (தமிழ்), Punjabi (ਪੰਜਾਬੀ), Oriya (ଓଡ଼ିଆ) and Telugu (తెలుగు)
- Categorization for easy navigation
- Searchable list of records.
- List of Threatened Species.
- List of nearby hotspots (requires Location to be ON).
- List of State Animals of India
- Details screen with photo gallery - use floating menu to view photo gallery and YouTube video link (if available)
- Settings screen allows user to configure search field (common name or alternate names or scientific name) for list of mammals.
- Interesting facts about mammals, displayed as notifications.
- Ability to create checklists for capturing on-the-field observations.
Please download the Indian Mammals from Google Play Store from below: